Business Intelligence Engineer
- - Development
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
STC is widely recognized as a leading public health informatics company in the United States. Our team is comprised of a unique blend of public health specialists and applied information system developers who come together to create cost-effective public health technology solutions. We are a team of dedicated professionals who are committed to improving public health through the applied use of population health data collected through modernized information systems.
Your Role and Impact
As our Business Intelligence Engineer, you will make an immediate impact on our team, products, and engineering practices. As you apply your knowledge of large data BI solutions in the healthcare ecosystem, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to not only STC and our clients, but also on the lives of people all around the world.
Who You Are
You love working in a highly collaborative environment where bringing new ideas and fresh perspectives to the entire development team is part of the culture. You are comfortable interacting and negotiating with product teams to find new and creative paths to meeting our mission.
You have excellent communication skills and excel in your ability to translate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
You have an in-depth understanding of data integration best practices, leading industry application and features, and various methodologies for creation of data models for data warehouses and data marts.
Through hands-on experience in DW/DM technical development, you have gained a strong understanding of the data management lifecycle in establishing end-to-end BI architecture.
You understand database concepts and have comprehensive knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling practices and implementation techniques, and where they are best utilized.
You have a strong understanding of data normalization rules, denormalization, and other techniques to support reporting and analytics.
Above all, you believe in delivering game-changing insights to customers.
What You Will Do
● Collaborate with Agile teams in complex problem domains
● Work with multi-dimensional and/or NoSQL database components to support application and reporting needs
● Contribute to hands-on implementation in the areas of coding, configuration and query-writing of BI Solutions
● Stay up to date on BI techniques and technologies and continue to integrate new and innovative solutions into our product offerings
What You Will Need
● Bachelor's or Master's Degree with at least 2-3 years of technical experience in designing, developing and implementing BI solutions
● Experience in writing and performance tuning SQL
● Experience with reporting solutions like Jaspersoft, Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.
● Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB
● Experience with AWS Cloud
● Experience with ETL Design and ETL tools (e.g. Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle), Jaspersoft ETL, Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, etc.)
● Expertise in Oracle RDBMS, PostgreSQL
● Strong technical skills and working knowledge of OLAP and other data management tools and methodologies
● Bonus points for Node.js experience
We are in downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District which is part of the city's innovation hub, PHX Core, and we are proud to be a part of such a dynamic and creative area. We have an open-office layout with an urban feel and lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (shorts and flip flops are fine, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90% - 100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We also offer telecommuting, amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start and 12 paid holidays.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.