Business Intelligence Analyst
- - Data Analytics
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses still kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left.
Make an impact and join us in this fight at the front lines.
Your Role and Impact
In this role, you will support all units of our company by performing ad hoc analysis and creating visualizations to support our business stake holders. As part of the business intelligence team you will work to develop interactive dashboards that allow our customers to dive into their own data. This is a great opportunity for you to take your own theories and put them into real world practice, making a significant impact on patients' lives around the world.
• You have two to three years' experience working in a BI Analyst role
• You have advanced SQL skills and an in-depth understanding of relational databases
• You have experience with statistical computer languages (R, Python, SaS) and are able to manipulate data and draw insight from large data sets
• You have experience performing unstructured data analytics tasks and are able to gather insight and present findings that are clear and concise
• You have worked with Tableau or other BI tools
• You have background in healthcare or have a degree in public health or epidemiology
• You can communicate business interpretations of data to a wide variety of audiences in easy-to-understand terms
We are in downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District which is part of the city's innovation hub, PHX Core, and we are proud to be a part of such a dynamic and creative area. We have an open-office layout with an urban feel and lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (go ahead and wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90% - 100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We also offer telecommuting, amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start and 12 paid holidays.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.