Agile Delivery Manager
- - Product Strategy and PMO
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left.
Make an impact, and join us in this fight at the front lines. As an Agile Delivery Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of projects and products, using your tool box of Agile, Lean, PMBOK, and Continuous Delivery methodologies, to ensure the world is rid of preventable diseases. You will be a key team member in the building of intelligent solutions for a healthier future - for you, your family and the community worldwide.
What You Will Do:
- Serve the needs of the team while helping to lead them in the right direction including the right level of quality for the delivery stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Shield the team from obstacles that could impact delivery progress including: the removal of "blockers," negotiating with stakeholders, focusing the team and senior leadership
- Partner with the product owner on the delivery of the product vision and ensure delivery aligns with corporate strategy and vision
- Inform leadership on key issues that may impact completion, budget or other impediments that may impact quality delivery
- Spot warning signs and log "risks" to deliver
- Facilitate the agile and continuous delivery product development process through iteration planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, and retrospective meetings (using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and PMBOK processes)
- Communicate on behalf of the team to key internal stakeholders
- Provide visibility to key performance indicators including – project status, quality, resources, risks and impacts to other key projects in the organization
- Work with other product and project teams to help organize, schedule projects within cross-team projects and dependencies
- Promote continuous improvement and protect our culture of innovation.
- You have a strong ability to establish credibility and rapport with technical team members, and possess the skills to coordinate technical items with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Because of your strong leadership skills, you are able to motivate and inspire others
- You have experience matrix-managing a multidisciplinary team
- You actively participate in the project, delivery and Scrum community, and enjoy sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practices to your team's workflow
Education and Certification:
- University degree or college diploma in business or a related field required, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification (past certification will be considered)
- Agile SCRUM Certification
- Lean Certification is a plus
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years' experience in project management
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience managing software development projects
- Minimum 7 years' experience in project management
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience managing software development projects
Levels I and II:
- Demonstrated leadership managing people and projects
- Prior SCRUM Master experience
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Experience managing remote development teams is a plus
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (go ahead and wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90-100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We offer amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays on top of that.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media