Senior Java Developer
- - Development
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Scientific Technologies Corporation (STC) is widely recognized as a leading public health informatics company in the United States. We are a unique blend of public health specialists and applied information system developers who come together to create cost-effective public health technology solutions. You will join a team that is committed to improving public health through the applied use of population health data collected through modernized information systems.
We are looking for a qualified individual who is seeking a challenging and rewarding environment creating and supporting state of the art IT systems for public health. The individual must have the ability to multi-task, be creative, innovative, flexible, organized and be focused on achieving specific goals.
About the job:
● Architects, designs, develops and maintains software applications.
● Provides expertise in best practices of software systems architecture, design and coding standards.
● Acts as a leader within an Agile development team to mentor and guide more junior developers.
● Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
● Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
● Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
● Maintains and modifies existing applications.
● Performs maintenance programming for existing versions.
● Performs custom programming at customer request.
● Designs, plans, and coordinates application systems and programming work teams.
● Provides technical support to project team members.
● Technical resource primarily responsible for one or more components of an STC product.
● You have at least seven years of experience as a software engineer or software developer; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, Math or Engineering preferred
● You have at least five years of experience with several of the following: Java application servers (Tomcat, Oracle AS, etc.), Java Frameworks (Struts, Spring, Play, Grails, JSF, Etc.), Web Services, JSP, ASP, SQL, Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), XML, HTML, CSS, Application Persistence Layers (JDO, Hibernate, etc.)
● You have strong familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes including: version management, change management, continuous integration (CI), test driven development, and unit testing methodologies)
● You have prior experience working within an Agile SCRUM team
● You have strong SQL working knowledge and experience.
● Bonus points for Jaspersoft reporting experience
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (go ahead and wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90-100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We offer amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays on top of that.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.