Service Desk Support Analyst
- Public Health Services - Support
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left. Make an impact, and join us in this fight at the front lines.
Your Role and Impact
As our next outstanding Service Desk Support Analyst, you will join a team that is highly skilled in providing critical Tier 1 software support to public health and medical professionals throughout the United States. As you identify, research and resolve a variety of technical issues, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to not only STC and our customers, but also on the lives of patients around the world.
What You Will Do
• Wow our clients with every interaction!
• Handle inbound service requests or incidents (reported via phone, chat, e-mail or ticket system) by identifying problems, researching solutions, providing answers to clients and closing requests upon resolution
• Escalate requests to resolution groups as necessary, monitor the status of open incidents, and ensure clients receive progress updates and confirmation of issue resolution
• Improve client reference materials by writing and maintaining documentation
• Improve system performance by identifying and solving problems
• You have related work experience in supporting health care, service desk or customer service ( Associate's Degree in IT, Health Care or Public Health preferred)
• You have at least one to two years of Help Desk/Service Desk experience
• You are committed to providing exceptional customer service, and you demonstrate this through tactful, continual and effective oral communications with customers, and by your extensive, clear and timely written documentation of issue statuses and reports
• You have the ability to understand software systems and how clients use them, and can work with non-technical clients to gather business requirements and translate into technical specifications
• You have experience supporting enterprise-level secure Web applications and familiarity with software development and build processes
• You have good analytical and troubleshooting skills with a demonstrated proficiency at technical problem solving/root cause analysis in order to identify issues, and you are committed to seeing issues through to resolution
• You are able to work flexible shifts (evenings, weekends and holidays are a possibility)
You'll really impress us if all of the above apply, and you also have previous knowledge/experience with HL7, Jira, Agile methodology, and/or ITILv3 methodology
We are in downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District which is part of the city's innovation hub, PHX Core, and we are proud to be a part of such a dynamic and creative area. We have an open-office layout with an urban feel and lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (go ahead and wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90-100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We offer amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays on top of that.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.