- Public Health Services - Product Strategy
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Scientific Technologies Corporation (STC) is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to lead and evangelize the user experience design process. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
STC is widely recognized as a leading public health informatics company in the United States. At STC, you will play a key role in protecting the public from diseases. We offer a unique blend of public health specialists and applied information system developers who come together to create cost-effective public health technology solutions. You will join a team that is committed to improving public health through the applied use of population health data collected through modernized information systems.
What You Will Do
● Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
● Conduct user research, persona development and evaluate user feedback.
● Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
● Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex requirements.
● Create interactive prototypes modeling user flows, process flows and navigation elements to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
● Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
● Establish and promote a unified design language, following UI/UX best practices and standards.
● You have demonstrable UI/UX design expertise with a strong portfolio, and a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
● Your experience in rapid protoyping and product discovery is solid, and you may even have component level state modeling experience.
● You are proficient in tools like Adobe XD, pragma, Illustrator, proto.io or similar.
● You have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
● Your visual design sills are excellent, and you have great sensitivity to user-system interaction.
● You have a strong ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
● You appreciate constructive criticism of your proposed designs and recognize the learning opportunities it presents.
● You are known to solve problems creatively and effectively.
● It is important to you to keep up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
We are located in downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District which is part of the city's innovation hub, PHX Core, and we are proud to be a part of such a dynamic and creative area. We have an open-office layout with an urban feel and lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, and we like to have fun doing it. You can join us in company outings like baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (go ahead and wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90% - 100% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We offer amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays on top of that.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.