Junior SQL Database Engineer
- Public Health Services - Support
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left.
Make an impact, and join us in this fight at the front lines.
Your Role and Impact
As part of our Client Services and Software Development Departments, our Junior SQL Database Engineer is a member of the Applications Support team, providing technical database support of our application suite. You will research and resolve data queries requested by the end users of our systems.
As one of our top-notch front-line support members, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to not only STC and our Customers, but also on the lives of patients around the world.
• Develop and perform SQL queries for data maintenance and ad-hoc requests
• Develop unit test case or text class and perform unit testing of the code
• Perform data analysis for testing purposes
• Select appropriate visualizations for various reporting needs
• Respond to customer issues and questions
• Provide professional customer relationship experiences
• Develop and document process and procedures
• Degree in information technology, or compatible discipline, or comparable work experience
• Oracle Database (Standard or Enterprise Edition, any version): 2+ years
• Oracle SQLPlus: 2+ years
• Experience developing transactional database oriented applications (any database, programming language or framework)
• Version Control (git preferred)
• Agile development
• Entity-Relationship modeling
• Database import and export
• You have a strong understanding of relational database principles, including referential integrity, triggers and transactions
• You understand database programming for large batch/bulk operations
• You are knowledgeable in production operational discipline, data protection and preservation
• You understand scripting constructs such as iteration, conditional operators, variables, cursors, functions, and procedures
• You are a proactive self-starter and creative problem solver, with meticulous attention to detail
• Because you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, your customers are amazed at how well you "get them"
You will really impress us if all of the above apply and you have experience with:
• All phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
After nearly 30 years in Scottsdale and Tucson, we recently relocated to downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District, which is part of PHX Core, the city's newly unveiled innovation district. We renovated a vacant warehouse, and now have a modern, open-office layout with lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, but we like to have fun doing it. You can join us on company outings such as afternoon baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (yes, wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan, and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We also offer telecommuting, amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media