Mid or Senior Level .Net Software Engineer
- Development - Private - Immslink / .Net
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses still kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left.
Make an impact, and join us in this fight at the front lines. As a .Net Software Engineer, you will be an important contributor to our Private Sector team. In this role, you will make an immediate impact on our team, products, and engineering practices. You will be involved in all facets of development, testing, deployment and escalated support, contributing in the presentation, application and database tiers. You will therefore have the opportunity to make a significant impact to not only STC and our customers, but also on the lives of patients around the world.
Who you are
You may or may not necessarily be a polished public speaker, but you are able to communicate well with your team, and you understand the balance that must be walked between rapid development, system scalability, and code maintainability.
You are comfortable working with an agile methodology and toolset (we use JIRA Agile and 2-week sprints with code reviews and QA co-located with Dev). You enjoy participating in peer code reviews, believing they are a valuable tool for all of us to continue learning and developing our skills.
What you will do
• Effectively use multiple web technologies on the Microsoft® platform to achieve STC goals through requirements analysis and application design, development, and testing.
• Contribute to team objectives around system performance, quality, maintainability, etc.
• Provide estimates for user stories.
• Perform root-cause analysis and bug fixing as needed.
• Stay up-to-date on development techniques and technologies.
• Assist others on the team and outside the team as needed.
What you will need
• At least three years of commercial software development experience
• Familiarity and professional experience with recent versions of Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, and IIS
• Experience using defect management tools, unit testing frameworks, and version control systems
• Knowledge of client-server, web-based, and service/API-based architectures
• Experience with creating automated tests
• Bonus points for experience with any of the following: US healthcare, HL7®, Java®, SOAP/XML, AJAX/JSON, data warehouse, GIS mapping
After nearly 30 years in Scottsdale and Tucson, we recently relocated to downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District, which is part of PHX Core, the city's newly unveiled innovation district. We renovated a vacant warehouse, and now have a modern, open-office layout with lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, but we like to have fun doing it. You can join us on company outings such as afternoon baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (yes, wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
Benefits? Ours are outstanding. We'll cover 90% of your medical plan premiums, provide you with a life insurance plan, and cover disability benefits. You can enroll in our 401(k) plan, and earn free money with our company match. You can also take advantage of our great dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts. We also offer telecommuting, amazing paid time off – 4 weeks to start – and 12 paid holidays.
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Must be a United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media