Senior Java Developer
- - Development
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Preventable illnesses kill tens of thousands of people every year, however there is hope. The impact of the flu, pneumonia, measles, whooping cough, cervical cancer, and many more diseases is diminished through the use of vaccines, public health prevention programs, and data intelligence. The battle is fought every day to ensure that communities are prepared, proactive, and empowered for any event or outbreak from bioterrorism and newly emerging disease, such as the Zika virus, to the old diseases that never left.
Make an impact and join us in this fight at the front lines as a Senior Java Developer (multiple positions available).
Architects, designs, develops and maintains software applications. Provides expertise in best practices of software systems architecture, design and coding standards. Acts as a leader within an Agile development team to mentor and guide more junior developers. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools. Maintains and modifies existing applications. Performs maintenance programming for existing versions. Performs custom programming at customer request. Designs, plans, and coordinates application systems and programming work teams. Provides technical support to project team members. Technical resource primarily responsible for one or more components of an STC product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or a related field plus 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer. STC will accept a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or a related field plus 4 years of experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer in lieu of Bachelor's plus 7 years experience.
- 5 years of experience with at least 3 of the following: Java application servers (Tomcat, Oracle AS, etc.), Java Frameworks (Struts, Spring, Play, Grails, JSF, etc.), Web Services, JSP, Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.), XML, HTML, CSS, Application Persistence Layers (JDO, Hibernate, etc.) (4 years with Master's degree).
- 5 years of experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes in all of the following: version management, change management, continuous integration (CI), test driven development, and unit testing methodologies (4 years with Master's degree).
- 5 years of experience working within an Agile SCRUM team (4 years with Master's degree).
- 5 years of experience working with SQL (4 years with Master's degree).
- All experience may be gained concurrently.
Job location: Phoenix, AZ 85004
After nearly 30 years in Scottsdale and Tucson, we recently relocated to downtown Phoenix's Warehouse District, which is part of PHX Core, the city's newly unveiled innovation district. We renovated a vacant warehouse, and now have a modern, open-office layout with lots of room for collaboration and inspiration to feed all the great ideas that start here.
We work hard, but we like to have fun doing it. You can join us on company outings such as afternoon baseball games and museum visits, volunteer in the community, and just be yourself – all within a cool casual environment (yes, wear those shorts and flip flops, if that's what you like!).
We are on a mission to provide intelligent solutions for a healthier future, and we are passionate about creating healthy communities worldwide. Help us save lives – join our team!
Scientific Technologies Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected Veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media